Within two decades, our cars have been equiped with a growing number of sensors of all kind, in order to improve their efficiency and comfort. Regarding engine management, the Tier One supplier EFI Automotive is one of the top players on the market, and its aftermarket division takes advantage of this situation. Indeed, we are able to offer a wide range of camshaft and crankshaft sensors coming from the OE production lines.
HOW TO CHECK IF YOUR SENSOR IS WORKING ?
- Check the external shape of the sensors, includinf its connector and cable (if fitted) in order to spot a potential visual defect. This inspection is not enough to make sure that the sensor is working or not, but it is the first step of the diagnosis.
- Crack or cut: mechanical stress on the sensor.
- Distortions and bumps: overheating of the sensor capteur.
- No signal: cable rupture, short-cut, of internal failure due to thermal and/or mechanical stress.
WHAT ARE THE FAILING SIGNS OF A SENSOR ?
- The engine does not start.
- You experience a loss of power.
- The tachymeter does not work.
- The Check Engine sign lights up on the dashboard.
- You feel jolts when accelerating.
- It becomes difficult to start the engine.
- The fuel consumption increases.
- And so does the pollution level.
WHEN TO REPLACE A SENSOR ?
Check every 25 000 km the specific values of the sensors, and remplace them as soon as you notice that the measured values differ from the standards.